This societal challenge is directly linked to the French and European policies related to the energy transition.
INSA’s laboratories contribute to this energy transition through research work in energy production, distribution and consumption.
Production of renewable energies:
- Methanation-Biogas, CO2 capture, energy valuation of wastes, thermochemical treatments, biomass
- Photovoltaics (PV): from the material to the PV cell (siliconbased mainly), new technologies
- Optimization of materials and mechanical devices for nuclear, wind, and hydroelectric power plants.
Valuation of energetic wastes:
- Low temperature heat, vibrations, radiofrequency
- Recovery of heat for energy supply of sensor networks and optimization of energy efficiency
- Management of multi-energy systems: electrical grids, heating network
- Urban lighting
- Housing and tertiary sector: management of electrical and heating consumptions from deployment of sensors grids and data management
- Materials for thermal insulation of buildings
- Design of low energy consumption systems
- Self-supplied sensors grids
Find out more